Unit2 ReadingTop10 inventions in 20th century:NO. 10 atomic bombNO. 9 space shuttleNO. 8 televisionNO. 7 artificial satelliteNO. 6 aspirinNO. 5 AirlinerNO. 4 personal computerNO. 3 Mobile phoneNO. 2 internetNO. 1 cloningHow much do you know about cloning?Cloning is a way of making an exact copy of another animal or plant. It can be divided into natural clone and man-made clone. A natural clone is one that occurs in nature and a man-made clone is one that is produced through human intervention(介入，干预).How is a clone made?
Is cloning good for the world?
已发送请查收 CALIFORNIA California is the third largest state in the USA but has the largest population.It also has the distinction of being the most multicultural state in the USA,
克隆马及其“母亲 兼姐姐”Commercial use : A strawberry plant
一株草莓依靠它沿地“爬走”的匍匐茎,一年内 就能长出数百株草莓苗Organization ( first reading)
行动二，现场 1制造打赌 现在在亨利 Higgins' 房子是早上 11 点隔天。亨利 Higgins 和上校皮克林坐着交谈的深处。H：你想要听到任何的声音吗？CP：不，谢谢你。我相当空想我自己因为我能宣告二十
___1__ What is the cloning. ___2__ Two major uses of cloning. __3_-_4_ The progress and effect of Dolly. ___5__ Controversy of application to humanreading para.1 &2-----"True" or"False" 1. Cloning means making a copy of an animal or a
plant. F 2. Gardeners can make money by cloning plants.T
3. Cloning animals is as complicated as cloning
4. Dolly the sheep was the first successful clone of a
5. cloning is valuable for research on new species
and medical use. T推理判断
1. The sheep that donated the somatic cell most probably lived ____ years. A. 3 B. 6 C. 9 D. 12
2. “Dolly’s illnesses were more appropriate to a much more older animal” means that ___.
A. Dolly’s illness would make Dolly become old
B. Dolly would have such illness when it become older
C. Young animals like Dolly’s age shouldn’t have such illness1. What is the writing style?
A. Expositive （说明性的）
C. Argumentative （议论性的） D. Narrative
2.From the text we can see that some people _a_re__a_g_a_in_s_t the human cloning while
3.The writer’s reaction towards cloning is____ A. Positive B. Negative C. neutralproblems of cloning
1. Animal clones may develop the illnesses of older animals. 2. Animal clones may die younger than the donor animals.
3. Evil leaders want to clone themselves
4. There are moral objections to clone human beings.Advantages of cloning
1.Medical cloning could produce cures for serious illnesses in humans.
2. Cloning plants can produce plants of similar quality for sale.
3. Cloning plants can be useful for research on new plant species.
4. Cloning can help save endangered animals.Consolidation
Clone is a way of making an exact__c_o_p_y__ of another animal or plant. Cloning have two ___m_a_j_or
uses. Firstly, gardeners use it all the time to
produce __c_o_m_m__e_rc_i_a_l__quantities. Secondly, it is valuable for research on new plant _s_p_e_c_i_e_s__and
for medical research on animals. But through the
__b_i_rt_h____and death of Dolly, cloning has a lot of
problems. On the other hand, we know cloning is
controversial in some countries for __m__o_r_a_l _and __r_e_l_ig_i_o_u_s__reasons.